If you are viewing this page, then you may be considering sending your child to Oromahoe School. Choosing a school for your son or daughter is a very important decision.
To really experience what we have on offer at Oromahoe School, it is highly recommended that you make a visit to the school. You are welcome to turn up at anytime during school hours, however if you make an appointment, someone will be able to show you around and answer any questions you might have.
We look forward to meeting you and your child.
Starting school is an exciting event for children. They have heard about it from parents, brothers, sisters or friends… and now they are eager to begin.
At Oromahoe School we aim to make the transition from home to school a seamless one. We hope that you will share the excitement of starting school by getting actively involved, visiting the classroom and generally showing an interest in what's happening at school.
Oromahoe School welcomes new entrants at school for pre-school visits. The process starts gradually, four to six weeks before the child's fifth birthday. When you enrol new entrants at the school the enrolment can be done before your child turns five, but they cannot begin school before their fifth birthday. As part of the enrolment process it is compulsory that a copy of your child’s birth certificate is produced as evidence of their age.
If your child has attended another school the transition to Oromahoe School is as follows:
· Make an appointment with the Principal to visit the school by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (09) 4077834
· Your child will be introduced to their teacher and will be given a tour of the school.
· Enroll at the office using the forms provided during your visit.
New Entrant Enrolment Process:
We do not have a cohort entry at this stage, so children start on the school day closest to their 5th birthday.
There is a letter of invitation which outlines the enrolment procedures we implement.
- Interview with our Principal, Tracey Smith
- School visits for new entrants happen for three sessions within six weeks prior to the start date.
- Visit 1 8.45am to 11am
- Visit 2 8.45am to 1pm (start of lunch)
- Visit 3 8.45am to 2.45pm (end of school)